Care Team Ministry
Partners in Ministry – Partners in Care
Care Teams, staffed by church volunteers, provide services to seniors with special needs, their caregivers and other individuals or families. Each Care Team is an expression of a congregation’s unique mission or social ministry. Josephine has been actively involved with the Care Team model for over 15 years as an outreach ministry into the local community.
Care Teams Provide Compassionate, Consistent Service
- Emotional support, friendly visits, cards and phone calls
- Light household or yard chores
- Transportation assistance
- Meal preparation and grocery shopping
- Respite opportunities for home caregivers
- Other services based on the comfort levels of team members and Care Partners
Benefits to Congregations and Care Team Members
- Care Teams provide meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities for parents and children to serve together
- Realistic volunteer opportunities for busy people
- Care Teams assist and support Pastors
- Pastors stay apprised of members’ changing needs
- Connects a congregation to the greater community
- Effective in-home ministry to congregation members
- Care Team members receive continuing education on health issues and concerns by Josephine staff members
To establish a Care Team, Josephine staff work with the members of an interested church to form and train a team. Each team is led by a lay team leader and supported by the church’s pastor. The team works together to identify and assess care recipients called ‘care partners,’ and then organizes schedules to provide care and assistance as needed.
Care Team members make a commitment to calling, visiting, writing or performing other activities within their comfort level. The teams meet regularly to review their caring services. Josephine provides training, education and support free of charge, to the Care Team Members and congregations.
For more information about Care Team Ministry, please contact us at 360-629-2126.