Charitable Giving Opportunities
The Early Learning Programs-Josie’s Early Learning Center: These specifics funds go to support the needs of Josephine’s childcare, Early Childhood Education, and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and Montessori school. Our mission is to provide a safe and creative environment that fosters our children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth, and instills in our children a respect for self, respect for others and a joy for learning. Our children’s program was established from our community’s need for an alternative to for-profit early childcare and preschool programs available at the time. We offer affordable and quality programs with time for free play, games, self-help and social skills, creative expression and field trips. Our children’s programs are specifically geared towards low to moderate income families.
Hands of Hope: A service project of Josephine Caring Community to inspire purpose, meaning, and hope throughout vulnerable communities in Snohomish and Skagit Counties. Hands of Hope also maintains a wish list on Amazon which can be access via this link: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/CP0I1EXFU4R8/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_1
The Capital Campaign Fund: Since the beginning in 1908, Josephine’s staff, residents and families have always faced the threat of flooding as it was built on a floodplain. Being on a floodplain is not where a critical facility and care center should be. Each time that Josephine must evacuate all 250 residents, it causes extreme physical and emotional trauma to them. In the past 10 years, Josephine has had to evacuate two times and 5 times in the last 25years.The construction of a campus of continuum of care services for our aging population is Josephine’s highest priority and plans are currently under- way to remain and build in Stanwood, Washington.
The Endowment Fund: A contribution to the Endowment Fund at Josephine is an investment for the future. An endowment is money given with the stipulation that the funds are not spent but rather invested to earn interest. Earnings from our Endowment Fund provide ongoing support for projects and programs that benefit those we serve. Your gift will continue to earn income year after year – leaving a Legacy of Caring state-of-the-art healthcare facility for residents who require nursing care.
The Good Samaritan Fund: This fund provides financial support to Josephine’s residents who find themselves lacking the resources to pay for rent, specialized equipment or services. Please consider the Good Sam fund with a gift that will help provide the continued comfort of a loving, caring environment- allowing residents in need to live with dignity and security.
Josephine Scholarship Employee Program: Originally set up by the Board in 1967 in memory of a former Josephine employee, Esther Sande, RN, Josephine’s scholarship fund has helped staff almost half a century. Scholarship funding comes from interest on the original Esther Sande funds, private donations and Josephine’s general account. Employee’s in good standing are eligible to apply for a scholarship after one year of continuous employment. Education must be in a field which benefits Josephine and our residents and children.
Where Most Needed: These gifts provide support for the day to day care of many of the residents we serve.
How to Give
Josephine welcomes gifts of all types, including the following:
- Non-cash gifts (in-kind donations)
Memorial and Tribute Gifts
- Memorials are a personal remembrance honoring the life of a family member, friend or colleague with a gift of love. Memorial gifts are a thoughtful and practical way to remember a love one and ensure that current and future Josephine residents receive high quality care.
- Tributes are gifts that honor special individuals on special occasions. You may also choose to honor a staff member who has been particularly outstanding in caring for you or a friend.
- Acknowledgments – When a memorial or tribute gift is received, Josephine sends an acknowledgement letter to the individual, family or group in whose memory or honor the gift is made. We also send the donor a gift receipt and acknowledgment. Each gift is promptly acknowledged; gift amounts are not disclosed.
- Notifying Friends and Relatives – Friends and relatives may be notified about memorial gifts by including language similar to the following in newspapers, memorial service bulletins and other notices: Memorial gifts may be made to: Josephine, 9901 272nd Pl NW, Stanwood, WA 98292 for [designated fund].
If you are interested in making a gift to Josephine, please call or download and print out our Donation Form. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 629-2126.
Donation Form (download)